Paprika Chicken Legs
- 3 -3 ½ pound chicken drumsticks
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder (you may replace with salt)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh herbs (thyme parsley oregano)
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
US Customary – MetricInstructions
- Wash chicken legs dry rub with salt white pepper and bouillon powder and set aside
- In a small pan set over medium low heat combine canola oil minced garlic fresh herbs smoked paprika and cayenne pepper . Stir for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Let this mixture sit for a little bit about 5 minutes.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 425°.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl toss with garlic paprika spice mix then sprinkle with the onion powder.
- Line a baking pan with foil; top with a wire rack. Arrange chicken legs out in a single layer.
- Bake chicken legs until cooked through and skin is crispy about 40-45 minutes
- If desired rotate chicken halfway through-roughly 25 minutes. And continue cooking until chicken is fully cooked and juice from the chicken runs clear.
- Remove and let it cool slightly before serving .
This article and recipe adapted from this site