Mozzarella Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup no-sugar-added marinara sauce (or any tomato sauce make sure it’s no sugar added)
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rind optional
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil for garnish
- To make the mozzarella parmesan chicken casserole: In a shallow plate marinate chicken breasts with olive oil garlic powder salt pepper Italian seasoning crushed chili pepper flakes for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC) and lightly grease a baking dish with oil cooking spray or butter.
- Spread the chicken in the greased dish and pour the tomato sauce over. Top with Parmesan and shredded mozzarella. Lightly sprinkle the crushed pork rinds over the top.
- Bake the chicken casserole for 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve the mozzarella parmesan chicken casserole immediately. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site