- 3 refrigerated pie crusts ( I used Pillsbury)
- 1 c. butter
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 35-36 raspberries (optional)
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll out pie dough and use a large round cookie cutter to cut out approximately 34-36 disks. (I found that the top of a frosting lid works well for this)
- Fit the dough into the holes of a mini-muffin pan. Push the sides down over the top to help the dough keep it s shape during baking. Prick the bottom of each dough disk with a toothpick a few times to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for ten to twelve minutes or until the crusts are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Place them on a cooling rack to fully cool before filling them.
- Make the filling by melting the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the sugar lemon juice egg yolks and egg. Cook for ten minutes stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and allow to completely cool. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Fill the pie shells by either spooning in the filling or placing filling in a large freezer bag cutting a hole in the corner and squeezing the filling in the pie shells.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Makes 34-36 tartlets
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE