Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs
INGREDIENTSFor The Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) boneless skinless chicken thighs (around 6-8 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dried thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces (250 g) sliced brown mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary (adjust to your taste)
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and trim off excess fat. Combine the onion powder garlic powder herbs salt and pepper. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken thighs in batches until browned on each side and no longer pink in centre (about 8 minutes each side depending on thickness). Add remaining oil if needed for second batch. Transfer to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
- To the same pan or skillet melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic parsley thyme and rosemary; sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Return chicken to the pan. Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site