Crustless Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract or to taste
- 2 cups plus 1/4 cup fresh strawberries divided halved or quartered depending on size of the berry*
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch round pie dish very well with cooking spray; set aside. I used a glass pie dish; baking times may vary if using metal.
- To a large bowl add 1 cup sugar flour salt and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt about 45 seconds. Wait momentarily before adding the eggs so you don’t scramble them.
- Ad the eggs extracts and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir to combine; don’t overmix.
- Add 2 cups strawberries and stir to combine; batter is very thick.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pie dish smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup strawberries over the top pressing them lightly into the batter.
- Evenly sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the top and bake for about 34 to 39 minutes or until edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter. I prefer to underbake slightly (35 minutes) for a more gooey center but it’s personal preference and since all ovens climates and berries vary watch your pie and not the clock.
- Allow pie to cool in pie dish on a wire rack before slicing and serving. Optionally serve with whipped topping or ice cream. Pie will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE