Best Recipes Princess Pancakes
INGREDIENTSFOR THE CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
FOR THE PANCAKES:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- 2-3 drops pink gel food coloring
- optional: 1 teaspoons strawberry extract OR 3-4 tablespoons strawberry puree
- Prep the icing. In a medium mixing bowl beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth and combined. Then beat in the vanilla and powered sugar. Stir in the milk to thin. If the icing seems to thick add more milk one tablespoon at a time. If too liquidy add more powdered sugar. The icing should be a little thicker than syrup consistency. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour sugar baking powder and soda and salt and stir together. Make a well in the center and add in the egg milk oil and food coloring. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in about 1/3 cup sprinkles if desired.
- Add a pat of butter to a hot griddle or pan on medium high heat and scoop about 1/4 cup of the mix (or however much you want) to the pan. Cook until bubbles appear about 2 minutes flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until golden on both sides and cooked through. Serve.
NOTESExact nutrition will depend on how much icing you use. This recipe will likely give you a little bit more than needed.This article and recipe adapted from this site